Opening Night Celebration at Gilley's Dallas
Sunday, September 24
7:00 pm–10:00 pm
Harness your inner urban cowboy and jump in the saddle for the ASIS 2017 Mechanical Bull Riding Competition at the Opening Night Celebration at Gilley's Dallas!
The individual competition runs throughout the evening with prizes for:
- Longest ride
- Most memorable dismount
- Best bucking flair
Rides are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Proceeds from the competition support the ASIS Foundation (suggested contribution $20). All riders receive a commemorative gift.
Can't join us for the competition? Show your support for the ASIS Foundation and donate now!
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.
Good thing ours is mechanical!
ASIS is excited to announce a special mechanical bull riding competition for our chapters and councils…and your quest for braggin' rights—and a special prize—begins now!
- Nominate a member of your council or chapter to represent your group in the competition
Eric Orr to add your team to the roster
- Be sure to include name of the bull riding representative and the council/chapter supporting him/her
- Only one nominee per chapter/council
- Nominations will also be accepted onsite at the bull riding "arena" until 8:00pm
- Raise money to secure your ride
- All group entries will be placed on the challenge leaderboard
- Event attendees can pledge support for their favorite team/rider onsite
- Chapters/councils are encouraged to begin fundraising now
- Donations gathered in advance will be collected onsite at Gilley's to increase your competitive advantage
- Only the top five fundraising groups will participate in the onsite ride-off competition
- All fundraising proceeds benefit the ASIS Foundation
Donations may be accepted in the form of cash, credit card, or check (payable to ASIS Foundation). Receipts available upon request.
The Chapter & Council Challenge ride-off begins promptly at 8:40 pm.
Dig deep to support a great cause!
Not registered yet? There's still time to get in on the fun and join us!
Register for ASIS 2017 now
Special thanks to our bull riding sponsor:
Social media graphics
Twitter | Facebook & LinkedIn | Instagram
Ideas / Inspiration
The following Facebook post from ASIS Board member Chuck Andrews, CPP, is an example of how to create some friendly competition with other ASIS member groups. When issuing any challenges, remember, individuals will have the opportunity to ride the mechanical bull most of the night, but during the Chapter & Council Challenge only the top five fundraising groups will have the opportunity to nominate a participant for the ride-off.